Printing Issues with NBT Progression

Home Forums Questions about the standards K–5 Number and Operations in Base Ten Printing Issues with NBT Progression

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Martin

Not sure if this is the space for this question as it is a printing issue.  However after many attempts to rectify this we thought it best to go right to the source.  If it’s happening to us in multiple locations we thought it might be an issue for others as well.

We are having trouble printing the progression, “K-5 Number and Operations in Base Ten”.  There are pages that appear fine on the screen, however the following Adobe Reader message appears once the pdf downloads:

“Cannot extract the embedded font ‘UZXSHE+MyriadPro-Regular’. Some characters may not display or print correctly.”

Parts of the progression are unreadable and therefore not usable.  This has occurred within several buildings, using different servers and printers.  Any suggestions? We are hoping to use this progression with teachers and teacher leaders in our region.

Duane

There could be a simpler solution that this, but you could try another PDF reader. One that seems to work well for me is Foxit Reader. I had no trouble printing the Progressions with it.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

You could try opening the PDF in a web browser window and printing from there too…?

Cathy Kessel
    Participant

Here are suggestions from an earlier post of Bill’s (http://commoncoretools.me/2011/08/12/drafty-draft-of-fractions-progression/):

“If you are reading it with Adobe Acrobat, you will need the latest version (10.1). If you are using a Mac, you can also use the native Mac pdf reader Preview, or the open source pdf reader Skim.”

mkmurray9
    Participant

Hi, I’m on a Mac and can only print the first 6 pages (in the best case scenario). See details below. Any other thoughts??

In Safari, I get an error msg that says “Cannot extract the embedded font ‘APDOUM+MyriadPro-Regular’. Some characters may not display or print correctly.” Then it proceeds to print the first 6 pages (only).

The PDF isn’t coming up at all in Firefox — the URL loads, but I get a blank page. Even after a restart of Firefox.

In Preview, I get the following error msg: “The file “ccss_progression_nbt_2011_04_073_corrected2.pdf” could not be opened. It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesn’t recognize.”

I downloaded Skim and get the following error msg: “The file “ccss_progression_nbt_2011_04_073_corrected2.pdf” could not be opened.”

Google Chrome also prints the first 6 pages and then a page with the following error msg:

ERROR: invalidfont

OFFENDING COMMAND: definefont

Stack:

/Font

-dictionary-

/WJWSGC+MyriadPro-Regular

{get /VirtualColorDevise get xerox$VirtualColorDevice copy pop }

true

Bill McCallum
    Keymaster

People have had these problems before, but I’m pretty much at a loss what to do about them, since all these things work for me (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Preview, Skim) and I am also on a Mac. Is your version of the Mac OS up to date?
    I just produced another version of the pdf by printing this one to pdf. I doubt that will help because I think I already did that, but if you get in touch with me privately at william.mccallum@gmail.com I’ll send it to you by email just in case. Otherwise, maybe find someone for whom it works and ask them to print it out for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.