Welcome!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bill McCallum
    Keymaster

This forum is for comments and questions about the Progression in High School Statistics and Probability. You can see earlier comments about this progression and download the progression document here.

ledwards
    Participant

What is the difference between S-ID.6a and S-ID.6c? If I have a lesson that addresses a standard but not all of the subsets of that standard, can I use just the standard? For example, if I’m working with S-ID.B.6 but do not include residuals in the lesson, can I use the standard (S-ID.B.6) instead of using the code S-ID.6a or S-ID.6c?

Bill McCallum
    Keymaster

The sub-parts of a standard draw attention to particular aspects of the standard or emphasize that a particular case must be treated. In this case, S-ID.6c draws attention to linear functions particularly. It’s a bit like saying to your child, make sure you pick up everything, and don’t forget to look under the bed. The second is technically a consequence of the first, but you say it anyway.

I’m not sure about the second part of your question because I don’t know what you have in mind when you talk about “using” a standard. Certainly it’s possible to have a task which addresses some but not all aspects of a standard. And yes, you could just say it is related to S-ID.6, without necessarily naming which part or parts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.