Progression Document?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gadfly1974
    Participant

Is there a draft 6-8 The Number System progression document available yet? I see them for all of the other 7th grade domains.

Bill McCallum
    Keymaster

I am working on it now, hope to get it done soon. (But my perennial optimism is sometimes confounded.)

nancymclaughlin
    Participant

We are trying to look more closely into grade 5 division of fractions progressing toward grade 6 division of fractions.  The Number System progression would really help us chose resources for teaching grade 6 with consideration for grade 5 prior learning.  Is that Progression ready yet?

Thank you for supporting those of us in the front lines.  Thank you for your consideration.

~Nancy

Cathy Kessel
    Participant

No, sorry. It will be posted on the Progressions page (http://ime.math.arizona.edu/progressions/) when it is and announced on this blog.

Bill McCallum
    Keymaster

I have it half written.

Thank you for all your work on all the Progression Documents. I have found them very helpful in planning professional development. Just something I noticed that may want to be edited on the Number Systems Progression:
    On Pg. 7 at the very bottom right, there is a model showing -(-a) on a number line. The heading of that image states “Showing -(-a) = 0 on the number line”. I believe that should state -(-a) = a

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Bill McCallum
    Keymaster

Thanks Julie!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.