Absolute Value Inequalities on the ACT

Home Forums Questions about the standards HS Algebra Absolute Value Inequalities on the ACT

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lhwalker
    Participant

Content covered on the ACT is listed here: http://www.actstudent.org/testprep/descriptions/mathcontent.html

and includes “absolute value inequalities.” However, I do not see “absolute value” and “inequalities” together in any standard. Is this combination somehow implied or did the ACT folks include something not intended for “intermediate algebra?”

lhwalker
    Participant

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I think I just found the answer to my question on page 39 of Appendix A where the cluster heading “Represent and solve equations and inequalities” is directly linked to specific combinations including absolute value for a Traditional Algebra 2, Unit 1. My confusion stems from A.REI.11, “Explain why the x-coordinates of the points where the graphs of
    the equations… I had interpreted that to mean equations only. Indeed, on page 19 of Appendix A, for the traditional Algebra I unit 2, the same cluster and standard seems to limit absolute value to equations.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.